How even challenging situations in life give us the chance to learn and grow as people
By Paula Sgarbossa
Have you ever felt like your life was out of control? As though each day was the same as the last and you weren’t sure what to do about it?
Well that is how I feel about being pregnant. This little baby that I am creating has taken over my body and is in charge. I have spent the last 7 months either very sick or surviving on very little energy. I’ve been feeling very sorry for myself.
That’s when I decided I need to change my attitude and to start to see the good in this situation because I cannot change it. Complaining about it, whining about it, feeling sorry for myself, none of that makes anything any better. Have you found that to be true?
Here are the Lessons I learnt while Pregnant:
- Be more caring to other mothers – growing and raising children is hard work and as a mum I should appreciate other mothers and look for opportunities to praise them
- Don’t be afraid to accept help from other mothers and look for ways to offer my help – I’ve had a few friends have my toddler over to play with their kids lately and I’ve been so appreciative of the extra help. I now need to return the favour
- Talk about the good things I have happening in my life rather than focusing on anything that isn’t going so well. There are always things we can complain about yet if we focus on the good it keeps us feeling more positive about life and hopefully that attitude will bring more things to be appreciative of
- Use these last few months or weeks to do some fun activities and appreciate my current life before I bring a new baby into it
- Don’t give in to the temptation to over eat or eat junk food. It’s easy to think “well I’m already overweight, I may as well just eat whatever I want”. Because this lazy mindset will mean I will eat more unhealthily and putt on excess fat that will be hard to lose after I’ve had the baby. Plus changing that unhealthy and lazy mindset later when I’m sleep deprived is going to be much more challenging. I need to learn more healthy ways to have enjoyment while pregnant.
- Touch base regularly with friends – I may not feel very social once I’m being consumed by my new baby and sleep deprived and struggling to get out of the house some days, so it’s important to keep up with my friends now. Then if I need some moral support down the track I have good friends I can turn to.
- Enjoy the quiet times and be mindful. I know the future for me will be filled with the sounds of a new baby and all the different cries they do. Plus with a toddler in the house 4 days a week there isn’t much quiet time. I need to appreciate the quiet moments I do get to just sit out on my back patio and listen to all the sounds, the birds, the wind and just switch off for a few moments.
I think it’s all the little things in life as well as the challenging situations that give us the chance to learn and grow as people.
What are some of the life lessons you’ve learnt from the challenging situations?
If you’ve enjoyed this post please like on Facebook and share with your friends by clicking the link below.
Wishing you great success and happiness.
Digital Marketer & Blogger
creating a lifestyle of family time, flexibility, health, and money for my family
Business Website and Blog: mickandpaula.com
Contact and connect with Paula Sgarbossa Click to contact Paula Sgarbossa
Connect with Paula on Facebook Click Here